Thursday, January 17, 2013

Past or Future?

Past-and-future
The stories that we buil
d around our lives when things happen is amazing. Sometimes something happens and we do not decide to stand apart and look at it for what it is.

 We decide to tell ourselves some new stories. We make up things that make us then fall into the trap of making our lives more miserable. We're now here in the present. Whatever happened before is in the past, whatever is going to happen is in the future. 

It can't affect us right now. Right now is the present moment, but sometimes in our minds we're living either in the past or we're living in the future, and never being present all the time. That in itself can be a challenge because what that means is that we tend then to lose focus on whatever we're supposed to be working on now in the present.

 We have to keep fine tuning the actions that we take so that the results will be the ones that we want instead of focusing on our results all the time and then making the mistake of thinking that the results are really who we are or what we've done.

 I hope this impacts on all of you, because it sure did on me and once I started realizing that I am not my past and that I create my future, my life changed. 

Think about it. It's only about actions. Actions in the present moment. Our actions are either moving us towards our target or moving us away from our target. 

logo 
Dr Ken Onu 
Motivational/Transformational Speaker,
Outbound Thinker
,
Attract Freedom
www.attractfreedom.com


Contact me: Skype kenonu1
Latest post: 7 Rules of Life 2) What others think of you is none of your business
  Like · Comment · Share

Posted via email from kenon's posterous

No comments:

Twitter Updates