Thursday, March 25, 2010

IMAGINE!

I had a good day today. Not because I saw many patients. Not because I felt good about helping others. There was more. After our Toastmasters executive meeting , we decided to go for fresh grilled Fish at a place called Calliaqua. We arrived, bought our fish and settled to eat outside John Dougan's shop. They had karaoke music playing. My friends and I sat back to enjoy the meal and watch the singers do their thing. One song caught my attention. It was John Lennons "Imagine".
The words kept ringing in my ear. I had heard the song so many times before, but this time it just spoke to me:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


We are living in a world that is more aware than ever before. These words ring truer today than back then when John Lennon wrote them. If we were just to look inside we would find that all our so called problems are merely a reflection of what is going on within us. By steadfastly attaching ourselves to outcomes we create new problems for ourselves and the rest of the world.
Please feel free to comment on this post. How does this way of thinking affect you?.

Posted via email from kenon's posterous

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your view on life. Sometimes it is good to sit and reflect on the meaning/lyrics of a song instead of just enjoying the melody. Nice choice.

Anonymous said...

Like your view on life. Sometimes it is good to sit and reflect on the meaning/lyrics of a song instead of just enjoying the melody. Nice choice.

Twitter Updates